- for parents
- my account
Printable kid's crafts - butterflies
These butterflies can be printed out and used in various craft activities. Click on the small butterflies to see the larger version. If you are going to use the butterflies on another website, please send a link back to this site as acknowledgement, although some restrictions apply. Some ideas include:
- Greeting cards
- Party invitations
- Butterfly decoupage
- Fairy wings
- As a texture in 3D modelling (Lightwave, 3D Studio, Blender etc)
- You can use thin wire, curled at the ends for antennae instead of the printed antennae. Some craft stores stock pre-made antennae for this purpose.
- Printed or photocopied onto transparent paper, the butterflies can be folded in the center and hung as a mobile or stuck to the glass of a window.
- Transparent butterflies look wonderful attached to the front of a greeting card, with a little sliver of card under their body section to add a 3d effect.
- They can be used to decorate websites like Facebook or Myspace pages
- or as forum avatars (scaled to size of course)
If you would like to use the butterfly images and find the ones displayed here are too low resolution for your needs, the images are also offered in a high-resolution format subject to this license agreement, which also applies to the low-res images that are offered free-of-charge. The images are offered in a .zip file that includes 512x512 .png versions of all the thumbnails displayed above - contact me if you need them.
If you would like to use the butterfly images for 3D graphics of any kind, such as to make animated butterflies in a computer game or a 3D scene, the butterflies are offered in a high-resolution format that is more useful for 3D work, subject to the same license agreement as the other butterfly images, but the lower-resolution are not available on this website. The texture set is the same as the other butterflies, but does not have the body section overlapping the wings, and includes a separate 128x128 body texture along with the 512x512 wing textures. Contact me if you need them.
Here is a scaled version of the body texture and one of the wing textures from the 3D set (note that the full size butterfly is 512x512 and the full size body texture is 128x128 so these two images are not at the same scale). Also shown is a little butterfly made in Blender that uses the textures (click to enlarge).